What My Family Needs to Know
Getting Your Affairs In Order Is Easy !
What your family needs to know can be broken down into three simple ideas:
(1) WHAT you have,
(2) WHERE it's located, and
(3) WHAT your wishes are.
Whether the print or digital download format, "12 Critical Things Your Family Needs to Know" will help you address many important items and issues that would otherwise have been forgotten.
The 12 Critical Things (major topics of the book) are:
- Personal & Family Information
- Family Medical History
- Investments, Bank Accounts & Other Financial Assets
- Advance Health Care Directives
- Retirement Plans & Annuities
- Organ+ Donation Choices
- Real Estate: Your Primary Residence
- Final Arrangements
- Debts & Liabilities
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Plans
There are other things in the book that don't fit neatly into these categories, such as PO Boxes, safes, and storage units.
There's an entire reality TV show called Storage Wars" built around investors bidding on the contents of storage units with unpaid rent. Imagine how many of these are filled with valuables and family heirlooms, but abandoned because nobody knew about them. Use our book to write these things down and share it with loved ones, so no one forgets.
There's more that doesn't fit neatly into the categories above, including:
- Where is the safe/safe deposit box/storage unit? What's in there and how can it be accessed?
- Should you be cremated? (this assumes you are dead, otherwise cremation can be quite uncomfortable)
- What is your blood type? Do you want to donate your organs?
- Location and keys for storage units and PO boxes.
- How can the alarm system or water supply be shut-off in your home?
- How expensive your final arrangements should be? Save thousands of dollars by answering one question (PDF article).
- Where are your financial assets (firms, account numbers, contacts, etc)?
- Allergies, prescriptions, medical history and health care provider info.
- Free resource to download living will documents (remember Terri Schiavo?).
- Are there any old life insurance policies or retirement plans from the military or jobs you left long ago?
- Who should get your (insert cherished item here) when you die? (Or would you prefer your family fight it out at your funeral?)
And on and on....
Thank you. We're here to help. Contact us any time.
Tel: (201) 320-320 eight
Email: mgav [at] colehouse.net
Mail: Cole House LLC · PO Box 91 ·Mendham, NJ 07945